Kapwepwe is not only a Deputy Executive Director at UDN www.udn.or.ug) and Board Chairperson of Civil Society Budget Advocacy Group (www.csbag.or.ug) but also a co-founder and co-facilitator of East African Budget Network (EABN). EABN draws fiscal and macro-economic policy advocacy linkages plus Public Investment Management towards Economic integration, through synchronised Africas regional Economic Blocs like CEMAC, Maghreb, SADC and EAC. Kapwepwe has been an author, Panelist and advocate that, inter alia, any economic development financing must be people-centred; and a paradigm shift that balances current free-market economic development with social protection is urgent; also where Africa must revisit policies around financial markets and competition, with a balance between Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) and Domestic Direct Investment (DDI), plus where African Governments ought to directly own a level of share in strategic enterprises rather than full economic liberalisation and citizens must not be spectators but directly own an extent of economic functions in their mother countries.
Leave a comment
- Civil Society group wants clear spending of Petroleum Fund cash
- Budget Trends Magazine, October 20193
- Trade Non-Tariff Barriers hampering EAC integration
- Civil Servants in Uganda Raise Questions Over Parliaments Ability to Set Own Salaries, Benefits
- Kadaga pledges a law on Gender and Equity Budgeting