Kapwepwe is not only a Deputy Executive Director at UDN www.udn.or.ug) and Board Chairperson of Civil Society Budget Advocacy Group (www.csbag.or.ug) but also a co-founder and co-facilitator of East African Budget Network (EABN). EABN draws fiscal and macro-economic policy advocacy linkages plus Public Investment Management towards Economic integration, through synchronised Africas regional Economic Blocs like CEMAC, Maghreb, SADC and EAC. Kapwepwe has been an author, Panelist and advocate that, inter alia, any economic development financing must be people-centred; and a paradigm shift that balances current free-market economic development with social protection is urgent; also where Africa must revisit policies around financial markets and competition, with a balance between Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) and Domestic Direct Investment (DDI), plus where African Governments ought to directly own a level of share in strategic enterprises rather than full economic liberalisation and citizens must not be spectators but directly own an extent of economic functions in their mother countries.
Leave a comment
- Frequent supplementary budget requests are becoming a problem in Uganda- Finance Ministry PS Muhakanizi
- URA collects Ugx 970Bn taxes in April Amidst COVID-19 lock down
- Details of government plan to revive economy
- URA collects sh970b taxes in April amidst COVID lockdown
- Expect no growth in 2020 Muhakanizi
- Activists call for health tax