Kapwepwe is not only a Deputy Executive Director at UDN www.udn.or.ug) and Board Chairperson of Civil Society Budget Advocacy Group (www.csbag.or.ug) but also a co-founder and co-facilitator of East African Budget Network (EABN). EABN draws fiscal and macro-economic policy advocacy linkages plus Public Investment Management towards Economic integration, through synchronised Africas regional Economic Blocs like CEMAC, Maghreb, SADC and EAC. Kapwepwe has been an author, Panelist and advocate that, inter alia, any economic development financing must be people-centred; and a paradigm shift that balances current free-market economic development with social protection is urgent; also where Africa must revisit policies around financial markets and competition, with a balance between Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) and Domestic Direct Investment (DDI), plus where African Governments ought to directly own a level of share in strategic enterprises rather than full economic liberalisation and citizens must not be spectators but directly own an extent of economic functions in their mother countries.
Leave a comment
- Budget Trends Magazine, July 2020
- Information gaps could hamper SMEs from accessing COVID stimulus package funds
- Businesses could take 6-12 months to recover from COVID effects-PSFU boss Badagawa
- Govt registers Shs1.15 Trillion fiscal deficit, attributes it to COVID-19 response expenditures
- Elderly in dire need of Parliament seats – Madada
- COVID-19: Experts develop measures to help Uganda recover