Kapwepwe is not only a Deputy Executive Director at UDN www.udn.or.ug) and Board Chairperson of Civil Society Budget Advocacy Group (www.csbag.or.ug) but also a co-founder and co-facilitator of East African Budget Network (EABN). EABN draws fiscal and macro-economic policy advocacy linkages plus Public Investment Management towards Economic integration, through synchronised Africas regional Economic Blocs like CEMAC, Maghreb, SADC and EAC. Kapwepwe has been an author, Panelist and advocate that, inter alia, any economic development financing must be people-centred; and a paradigm shift that balances current free-market economic development with social protection is urgent; also where Africa must revisit policies around financial markets and competition, with a balance between Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) and Domestic Direct Investment (DDI), plus where African Governments ought to directly own a level of share in strategic enterprises rather than full economic liberalisation and citizens must not be spectators but directly own an extent of economic functions in their mother countries.
Leave a comment
- Ministry of Finance warns Accounting Officers against Shelving Public funds
- Renewing licenses will require proof of tax compliance – government
- 2021 Budget draft shoots from sh39.6 to sh41.9 trillion
- CSOs want Accounting Officers punished over budget mischarges
- CSOs want list of companies exempted from taxation published
- Experts blame URA shortfalls on lack of coordination