Recently, Parliament adopted a proposal to write off Shs500b worth of tax waivers for at least 34 private companies and Government agencies. The proposal, which was contained in the Tax Procedures Code (Amendment) Bill 2019 authorized Government to write off Shs500b.
While the tax waiver is projected to affect service delivery, State Minister for Planning, Hon. David Bahati says that writing it off was necessary since Parliament was pressing Government to take the tax arrears off Parliaments record.
Leave a comment
- CSOs raise red flag overcompensation of traders who lost money in South Sudan
- Budget Trends Magazine, July 2019
- Understanding Government of Uganda sources of Revenue FY 2019/20
- Uganda will never seek debt relief, says Finance minister
- Public query finance ministry on budget implementation
- 2019, National Budget Month in Pictures