Recently, Parliament adopted a proposal to write off Shs500b worth of tax waivers for at least 34 private companies and Government agencies. The proposal, which was contained in the Tax Procedures Code (Amendment) Bill 2019 authorized Government to write off Shs500b.
While the tax waiver is projected to affect service delivery, State Minister for Planning, Hon. David Bahati says that writing it off was necessary since Parliament was pressing Government to take the tax arrears off Parliaments record.
Leave a comment
- Program for the National Budget Month FY 2020/21
- Experts warn on Ugandas over reliance on global value chain
- Frequent supplementary budget requests are becoming a problem in Uganda- Finance Ministry PS Muhakanizi
- URA collects Ugx 970Bn taxes in April Amidst COVID-19 lock down
- Details of government plan to revive economy
- URA collects sh970b taxes in April amidst COVID lockdown