The Civil Society Budget Advocacy Group (CSBAG), having worked on Public Finance Management issues for the past five years and having analyzed the economic trends in the county in the financial subsector and the role of Bank of Uganda (BoU) in Monetary Policy affairs, and having analyzed the impact of the Central Bank Rate (CBR) on the financial markets especially interest rates, we here today are concerned that if there is no action taken to curb interest rates, the cost of doing business in Uganda will remain high and noncompetitive in the region. Download a full statement here A press statement by CSOs on the Capping of Interest Rates in Uganda
Leave a comment
- Spending on MPs security will hurt economy and disrupt budget process – Economist
- Is Musevenis proposal on snipers for MPs workable?
- Civil Society asks Government to organise national dialogue on budget financing
- Finance releases shs 4.3 trillion for quarter one accounting officers cautioned on arrears
- CSBAG calls for sanctions as Muhakanizi pushes for govt transparency
- Mobile money tax is being reviewed by Govt, says Prime Minister Rugunda