Following his confirmation that President Museveni had assented to the Excise Duty (Amendment) (No.2) Act, 2018 that proposed a controversial 0.5 per cent tax on mobile money withdrawals, State Minister for Finance David Bahati indicated that telecom companies would reduce the charges from 1 per cent to 0.5 per cent on withdrawals only when the Act is gazetted in the Uganda Gazette.
Leave a comment
- Experts back Supreme Court ruling on MPs salary increment
- Auditor General Commissions Forensic Audit in BoU Currency Saga
- Budget Trends Magazine, August 2019
- Experts call for Prudent Public Resource Governance for NDPIII
- Court blocks verification of South Sudan traders
- C.S.Os want E.A.C member countries to use similar currency