Following his confirmation that President Museveni had assented to the Excise Duty (Amendment) (No.2) Act, 2018 that proposed a controversial 0.5 per cent tax on mobile money withdrawals, State Minister for Finance David Bahati indicated that telecom companies would reduce the charges from 1 per cent to 0.5 per cent on withdrawals only when the Act is gazetted in the Uganda Gazette.
Leave a comment
- CSOs ask Govt to Recapitalize Uganda Development Bank
- Developing countries urged to invest in human capital development
- Q&A on the CSBAG session at the WB/IMF Spring meetings
- CSBAG calls for Prioritization of Critical Sector Programmes in FY 2019/20
- Over 28 billion Youth Livelihood Funds to be lost, Audit report reveals
- CSOs want Cost of Electricity Reduced by 50%