Following his confirmation that President Museveni had assented to the Excise Duty (Amendment) (No.2) Act, 2018 that proposed a controversial 0.5 per cent tax on mobile money withdrawals, State Minister for Finance David Bahati indicated that telecom companies would reduce the charges from 1 per cent to 0.5 per cent on withdrawals only when the Act is gazetted in the Uganda Gazette.
Leave a comment
- Central Bank cautions on risks to projected rise in economic growth
- Budget Trends Magazine,February 2019
- Development activity allocations set to reduce 63.6bn next financial year
- What CSOs wish for the Agriculture Sector Budget in FY 2019/20
- Economist advises on floating UBD shares to boost domestic direct investment
- Civil Society Discussing District Budget Framework Paper FY 2019 – 20 on Voice of Kigezi, Kabale