The Uganda National Meteorological Authority has warned about heavy rains and thunderstorms as we go into the second rainy season September to December.
This warning brings to mind the kind of disasters experienced almost every year. These include flooding and landslides.
A recent study by Civil Society Budget Advocacy Group (CSBAG) and Oxfam Uganda revealed that these types of disasters had the greatest catastrophic, displacement and damage/loss effects on Ugandans between 2012 and 2017…..
Leave a comment
- GBV cases on the rise as corruption, low funding hinder justice for victims
- Calls made for more funding, shelters to support victims of GBV
- Budget Trends Magazine, September 2018
- Expert calls for revision of Local Service Tax to close Local govt revenue gaps
- Youth Budget Advocates develop road-maps to influence Local Gov’t service delivery
- Finance ministry reviewing training modalities for district officials