The Uganda National Meteorological Authority has warned about heavy rains and thunderstorms as we go into the second rainy season September to December.
This warning brings to mind the kind of disasters experienced almost every year. These include flooding and landslides.
A recent study by Civil Society Budget Advocacy Group (CSBAG) and Oxfam Uganda revealed that these types of disasters had the greatest catastrophic, displacement and damage/loss effects on Ugandans between 2012 and 2017…..
Leave a comment
- CSOs, MPs want special funding for prevention of gender based violence
- CSOs call for public participation in corruption fight to guarantee better services
- Boys Need Empowerment As Well MP Adoa
- CSOs suggest improvements for inclusive economic growth, inequality reduction
- Western Uganda at the front of income inequality gaps Report
- We must pause and rethink disaster management, says state Minister Ecweru