There has been uproar this week after taxes slapped on mobile money transactions and social media platforms went into effect on July 1. The government has been forced to revise mobile money taxes while ministers have been locked in a blame game. Solomon Arinaitwe talked to Julius Mukunda, the executive director of the Civil Society Budget Advocacy Group (CSBAG).
Leave a comment
- Government creates 200 town councils, 190 sub counties to extend services to citizens
- Revenue strategy for FY 2019/20 to focus on improving tax administration
- Better to prepare than respond to disasters
- Close loopholes in tax administration, Civil Society Organizations tell Government
- Reduce the number of ministers, state house workers and disband RDCS, CSOs advise Museveni
- Assessing Uganda’s financing mechanisms for Disaster Preparedness, Mitigation and Prevention